Ryan's Notes From God's Word

Thanks for dropping by and reading my thoughts I've penned from my contemplations on God's Word throughout the day. Please post your comments!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada

My life took a sharp turn in August of 2004 when I let God's law magnify the grace of the cross of Christ to my heart. I began to realize why I was unable to obey Jesus' commandments. Until this point, I was still ultimately living for myself despite my profession of faith. Luke 7:47 has become real to me, and I have fallen in love with Jesus Christ and now give Him everything that I am and that I have. Since then, I have discovered God's heart in seeking and saving the lost, His call to discipleship, and the necessity of standing for truth and against error. PLEASE NOTE: I have moved several of my blogs to an independent website (http://strivetoenter.com/) and no longer maintain my blogger blogs.

Friday, March 11, 2005

My List of Bible Study Resources

I thought I would start off by giving you a list of all the resources that I frequently use for Bible study.

  • The first and by far best resource I have ever come across for the price is the e-Sword Bible software by Rick Meyers available from http://e-sword.net/ free of charge! You can download many different free Bible versions including the International Standard Version (ISV), Modern King James (MKJV), KJV with Strongs, the New American Study Bible (NASB w/strongs, $20), as well as many other commentaries, a Bible reading plan tool, a prayer list and reminder tool and much more! Probably the best 2 features are being able to search the entire Bible for a word, phrase, or strong's number and secondly the Topic and Study notes capability where you can store all your notes. It is a very easy program to use and you will not be disappointed!

  • The NET Bible is also an excellent translation with very extensive translator notes which are very helpful. You can either use the online version here or download it for your computer here or even as an add-on for e-Sword. The NET Bible also includes the Apocrophal books in case this interests you.

  • Another good online study tool (if you don't have access to e-Sword) is the BlueLetterBible at http://blueletterbible.org/.
  • Another tool I am using is a Greek-English interlinear called the Apostles' Bible for Genesis to Revelation which you can download in PDF format for free from here: http://septuagint-interlinear-greek-bible.com/ .

  • Finally, I have been totally blessed by my Bible on audio CD which has allowed me to listen to the Bible many, many times already. By listening to an entire book in one session while doing dishes, for example, I am able to get a better feel for the context and a broader understanding of the text. I am also able to listen while I work or while I am driving to/from work. It is excellent for those who have a very busy lifestyle. This tool has been indispensable! I purchased the NIV multivoice w/music version of the entire Bible on CD and then burned it onto MP3s and can take the entire Bible with me wherever I go on a few CDs or now on one of those small flash MP3 players! HIGHLY recommended!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home