Ryan's Notes From God's Word

Thanks for dropping by and reading my thoughts I've penned from my contemplations on God's Word throughout the day. Please post your comments!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada

My life took a sharp turn in August of 2004 when I let God's law magnify the grace of the cross of Christ to my heart. I began to realize why I was unable to obey Jesus' commandments. Until this point, I was still ultimately living for myself despite my profession of faith. Luke 7:47 has become real to me, and I have fallen in love with Jesus Christ and now give Him everything that I am and that I have. Since then, I have discovered God's heart in seeking and saving the lost, His call to discipleship, and the necessity of standing for truth and against error. PLEASE NOTE: I have moved several of my blogs to an independent website (http://strivetoenter.com/) and no longer maintain my blogger blogs.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Difficult Passages: Numbers 31:15-18

Numbers 31:15-18 "And Moses said to them, "Have you spared all the women? (16) "Behold, these caused the sons of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, so the plague was among the congregation of the LORD. (17) "Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. (18) "But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves." (NASB)
The reason Moses gives is in v16: "Behold, these [women] caused the sons of Israel ... to trespass against the LORD..." I'm not sure we have enough information to know why the virgins are spared and given to the Israelites. I have to do more study to understand better why God ordered that along with these women, their sons had to be killed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Hi Ryan,

I am married to your cousin Ryan A. in TN, USA. We were out surfing and found your blog.

I have one for my Kindermusik classes and you can contact us there if you wish it is:

www.kindermusikwithmaria.blogspot.com

Take care and God Bless!
~Maria Schatz

8:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home